Arduino Pro 328 - 5V/16MHz
It's blue! It's skinny! It's the Arduino Pro! SparkFun's minimal design approach to
Arduino. This is a 5V Arduino running the 16MHz bootloader (select
'Arduino Duemilanove w/ 328' within the Arduino software). The power switch was moved to the side of the
board (good idea Limor!) to allow control when a shield is attached.
Please note: The right-angle power switch is fragile. We're working on making the switch stronger. For now, please be gentle.
Arduino Pro does not come with connectors populated so that you can solder in any connector or wire with any orientation you need. We recommend first time Arduino users start with the Duemilanove. It's a great board that will get you up and running quickly. The Arduino Pro series is meant for advanced users that understand the limitations of system voltage (5V), lack of connectors, and USB off board.
We wanted Arduino Pro to be low profile. The DC power jack footprint is available, but not populated. We recommend running the board with a LiPo battery for better portability.
We really wanted to minimize the cost of an Arduino. The Arduino Pro is like the Arduino Duemilanove (same pin out) but to keep the cost low, we used all SMD components, made it two layer, etc. This board connects directly to the FTDI Basic Breakout board and supports auto-reset. The Arduino Pro also works with the FTDI cable but the FTDI cable does not bring out the DTR pin so the auto-reset feature will not work.
- ATmega328 running at 16MHz external resonator. Select 'Arduino Duemilanove w/ 328' to get the delay functions to work correctly.
- USB connection off board
- 5V regulator
- Max 150mA output
- Over current protected
- Reverse polarity protected
- DC input 5V up to 12V
- Resettable fuse prevents damage to board in case of short
- Power select switch acts as on/off switch
(SparkFun product DEV-10915)
- Arduino Ethernet Shield Buy Now $76.00
- Arduino Pro Mini 3.3v Buy Now $30.00
- Arduino Pro Mini 5v Buy Now $30.00
- Arduino Pro 328 - 3.3V/8MHz Buy Now $30.00
- Female Header Pack Buy Now $2.50
- RFM22 Shield Buy Now $40.00
- FTDI Cable 3.3V Buy Now $28.00
- Go-Between Shield Buy Now $25.00
- Ardumoto Buy Now $40.00
- RedBoard Buy Now $39.00
- FTDI Cable 5V Buy Now $28.00
- Arduino Offset Header - 8 Pin Buy Now $3.50
- SparkFun Bluetooth Mate Buy Now $90.00
- SparkFun FTDI Breakout 5V Buy Now $25.00
Comment on this product
Just so you know; all our prices include GST, orders over $50.00 qualify for free shipping. Everything that is in stock (green tick icon) ships overnight on Courier Post's signature required service for speed and security. A lot of things that have the "blue question mark" stock icon are actually available now direct from our suppliers, please feel free to ask us if you aren't sure.
All our products are sourced through official channels, and come with a manufacturers warranty. Here's our returns policy if you'd like to read it before purchasing.