ATCOM IP04 Asterisk Appliance4 analog ports for lines or phones
The IP04 embedded Asterisk PBX (manufactured by ATCOM) is based on the work from the Free Telephony Project, an excellent project with the goal of providing free (open source) hardware for phone systems.
The IP04 runs uClinux with the Asterisk open source PBX software which implements a full PBX in software.
The IP04 includes four modular ports for connecting with traditional analog phone systems. It can be configured with a mixture of four FXO (for connecting telephone lines) and FXS (for connecting analog phones) modules.
Because the IP04 appliance is open source there are no extension or call limits imposed by software licenses, no limits on the number of voicemail boxes, remote extensions or anything of the sort.
The Blackfin CPU that the IP04 uses is a powerful digital signal processor (DSP) and as such can sustain an impressively high number of concurrent calls. The exact number will depend on individual circumstances but around 30-50 concurrent calls is reportedly achievable.
The IP04 has no moving parts and has a very low power consumption (less than 5W). This makes it ideal as a phone system, being more reliable and consuming much less power than a standard ATX computer.
- CPU: 400MHz Blackfin 532 DSP Chip
- Four analog (FXO/FXS) module interfaces
- 256MB NAND flash storage
- 64MB SDRAM
- Built-in configurable Asterisk IP PBX
- Web based GUI
- High performance OSLEC (Open Source Line Echo Canceller)
- Call forward, call waiting, call transfer
- Call conference
- Call queues
- SIP trunking, IAX trunking
- PSTN analog trunk (up to four PSTN trunks)
- Flexible dial plan
- Configurable IVR menu
- Replaceable MMC/SD memory
Please note that the IP04 does not hold a telepermit.
The IP04 is an excellent small PBX solution and gets the nicegear seal of approval.
- ATCOM Single FXS Module Buy Now $70.00
- ATCOM IP01 Asterisk Appliance Buy Now $295.00
- ATCOM Single FXO Module Buy Now $80.00
- ATCOM IP08 Asterisk Appliance Buy Now $595.00
- ATCOM IP02 Asterisk Appliance Buy Now $395.00
Comment on this product
Just so you know; all our prices include GST, orders over $50.00 qualify for free shipping. Everything that is in stock (green tick icon) ships overnight on Courier Post's signature required service for speed and security. A lot of things that have the "blue question mark" stock icon are actually available now direct from our suppliers, please feel free to ask us if you aren't sure.
All our products are sourced through official channels, and come with a manufacturers warranty. Here's our returns policy if you'd like to read it before purchasing.