Freetronics 433MHz Receiver ShieldHack weather stations and stuff
315MHz and 433MHz wireless connections are very commonly used by consumer electronics including weather stations, home automation remote controls, power consumption meters, car alarms, and also many DIY projects. The “Weather Station Receiver” project in the book “Practical Arduino” shows how to intercept the signals from a La Crosse weather station and decode them using an Arduino.
This fully pre-assembled shield implements the receiver circuit from the book, allowing you to just plug it in and start receiving data straight away. Even the headers are pre-fitted so you can be receiving data in no time!
- Fully pre-assembled.
- 433MHz "RXB6" receiver module (either 315MHz or 433MHz depending on model) with the data connection wired to Arduino pin 8 to allow signal timing analysis.
- Header pin for connecting antenna wire.
- Red and green debugging LEDs to display signal reception status.
- Red and green general-purpose surface-mount LEDs with current limiting resistors.
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin.
- Blue “power” LED to show when the Arduino is supplying power to the shield.
- Significant prototyping area where you can add your own parts.
- Clearly marked GND and 5V rails beside prototyping area.
- Clear overlay markings on both the top and the bottom! Makes it easy to solder connections on the bottom without having to keep turning it over to check the position of parts.
- Gold-plated surface: solders easily and very resistant to finger oil, etc.
- Power supply smoothing capacitors pre-fitted.
- Arduino Uno R3 - The latest and greatest official Arduino Buy Now $54.00
- Freetronics Eleven 100% Arduino Compatible Buy Now $48.00
- 433MHz Link Kit Buy Now $15.00
Comment on this product
Just so you know; all our prices include GST, orders over $50.00 qualify for free shipping. Everything that is in stock (green tick icon) ships overnight on Courier Post's signature required service for speed and security. A lot of things that have the "blue question mark" stock icon are actually available now direct from our suppliers, please feel free to ask us if you aren't sure.
All our products are sourced through official channels, and come with a manufacturers warranty. Here's our returns policy if you'd like to read it before purchasing.